Tips for Supplying Digital File

Q. What is your standard turnaround time?

A. Turnaround time depends on the size of the job. Most jobs won't take longer than 24-48 hours and if you have an urgent job we can usually get this done same day for you.

Q. Can I e-mail a job or do I have to come in?

Yes, you can e-mail us your file to print along with the job details. E-mail your job to

Q. What if my file is too big to e-mail?

A. If your file is too big to e-mail you can upload it to our Free File upload site on the Contact page.

Q. Does Noble Ink have parking?

A. Yes, we have a large free customer parking area at the rear of the shop

Q. Can I get my job delivered?

A. Yes, we deliver all over Tasmania and Australia. For local delivery’s we would use a courier service. For outer districts we use Australia Post.

Q. Does Noble Ink store my file for future print runs?

A. We hold customer's files for 3 months from date of print. Should a customer wish for us to hold a file longer than 3 months a request should be made and a charge may apply. We recommend customers keep copies of their print files. While all care is taken to ensure the safety of files we take no responsibility for lost or damaged files.

Q. What is 'bleed'?

A. Bleed refers to printing that goes beyond the edge of the sheet after trimming.

Q. How much bleed should I set my file up with?

A. 3-5mm is sufficient for most jobs.

Q. What DPI is suitable for print?

A. We recommend 300dpi or more.

Q. What programs can you print from?

A. We can print from a wide range of programs including PDF, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Word, Publisher, Excel, Powerpoint and more. If you need further help, just give us a call.

Q. What file type do you prefer?

A. The best format to provide us with your print ready files is a PDF. If you don't have a PDF printer there is free software available called CutePDF that works like a printer to create PDF files. A lot of programs will have a 'save to pdf' option.

Q. Should my files/images be CMYK or RGB?

A. Both are acceptable.

Q. Can I print a job that has 'copyright' on it?

A. Copyright law means you cannot print material protected by copyright unless special circumstances apply as covered in the copyright act e.g. for review, news reporting or research purposes.

Q. Can I have a proof?

A. Yes, we are happy to print a proof for you to approve before the job is printed. It is our policy to have a proof signed off before printing all large jobs.

Q. Can Noble Ink colour match?

A. We can usually achieve a very good colour match however due to the nature of digital printing it may not be exact.

Q. What is the heaviest weight paper you can print on?

A. The heaviest paper we stock is 310gsm.

Q. What colour paper do you stock?

A. We have a wide range of coloured papers and specialty papers. Please contact us to see if we have a specific paper stock.

Q. What is imposition and why do you charge an imposition fee?

A. Imposition is when your document or image is set up multiple times on a sheet for printing. This is a chargeable service as it takes time to do an imposition. Some of our services eg. flyers, business cards incorporate this fee in the overall cost, also known as a “set up” fee.

Q. Can I do my own imposition (lay up my file for printing)?

A. Yes, you can lay your own file up for printing. We usually print large print jobs on an SRA3 sheet. We would also require crop marks and bleed.

How wide can you print?

A. We can print up to 1118mm wide. See our wide format printing page for more information.

How wide can you laminate?

A. We can laminate up to 980mm wide.

Other questions? Please contact us.